05 July 2010

Wolves

They huffed and they puffed and they went off to school. 

the pack

Laney and Owen had a Fairy Tale workshop and were asked to come with a character hat.  Our choices were Goldilocks, Three Little Pigs, Three Billygoats Gruff and Little Red Riding Hood.  We went with wolves. Of course, just as I was finishing up Laney's she frantically said she no longer wanted to be a wolf because her friend told her that all of the wolves were going to be "chucked into the pool".  After a promise that she would not be forced to swim and a few girlie touches she agreed to stick with the wolf.  

The pack 2

I didn't say she was thrilled.  Truth be told, I am not a real sewer and having struggled through these things with no pattern, a colossal mess with tissue paper and muslin mock-ups and fake fur flying all over the house, I was going to blow her house down if she didn't wear it.  Ahh, the joys of motherhood. 

Oh, by the way, doesn't she look like she should be making fudge on Mackinac Island in that dress?  Owen is in his sport outfit here, but the boys are wearing gray shorts, knee socks, white short sleeved dress shirts, ties and blazers these days. Their outfits are fine, but the dress...I guess it's all part of the package. 

3 comments:

Leeann said...

ROFL!! Oh my, if looks could kill! Laney makes me laugh.

I think you did a great job on those wolf hats!

Anonymous said...

I suspect, despite the hundreds of photos Laney will accumulate during the UK sojourn, THIS is the one she'll cherish, chuckle over as an adult
and share with delight w/her children. Fabulous,
enjoy your posts ever so much - yesterday intrepid Owen, he will never forget it. lv to you all - Gigi Anonymous

Home Sweet Seattle said...

They are the cutest little wolves I've ever seen! And I can't believe you made those. I am so impressed!

Post a Comment