02 July 2010

Oh The Terrors

Parents around here know how to throw a mean birthday party.  As a rookie, I must admit I'm still trying to figure out how to get the slice of birthday cake home without it being squished into the napkin (the cake is not served at the party, but sent home in the party bag), but, really, the activities are truly over the top.  We have been to indoor playgrounds, pizza making, soccer lessons, go karts and, this one, the Rope Runners adventure, was amazing. 


Owen's Adventure

This looked like so much fun I really wanted to, as they say here, "have a go". 


Owen's Adventure 5.


After the introduction, Owen climbed to the top of the three story tower to take the zip line down, but he never made it down.  Instead, I found him hanging off the side of the tower. Apparently, Owen was told to by one of the employees to "go do the course" because the line was getting long and, Owen being Owen, did as he was told.  


Owen's Adventure 6

Once he got out on the line he panicked.  I knew he was in trouble when looked at me with tears in those big green eyes.

Owen's Adventure 2

Can you see it?  That "what have I done" look?  I recognize it. I have definitely been there a time or two myself.   I bet I even know what was going though his head - I will give up my allowance for one month, forgo eating beans for two weeks, I will even take out the garbage if you will just get me out of this.


Owen's Adventure 3


But he stuck with it, got the hang of it and made it around the entire course.  My terror lasted a bit longer however, because at the end of each station he was the one responsible for clipping and un-clipping himself into the lines.  I tried to remain calm and encouraging, but he was really way up there.  He did eventually make it down and felt quite proud of his accomplishment.

Owen's Adventure 4

I, however, am suffering from a new terror - those three parties in October.  If you could see my face it would look something like Owen's above.  I too have that frightened look and I bet you can guess what I am thinking...if you could get me out of this I would empty your dishwasher for a month. I would put away all of your laundry two weeks. Wash your car?  Heck, I would bake you a cake.  No? 

1 comments:

Leeann said...

Oh, the face. That face!
Like you, I can recognize the panicked face, the trying-not-to-cry face and it just kills me.
I bet he was beside himself w/ pride when he rose above and made it though!

And you.. now you stop that. You are the cake queen. You make martha stewart look bad. You pull up your big girl panties and do your stuff. You rock at all this!

Post a Comment