02 February 2010

Longing

We have been here for 3 1/2 weeks now and I've got to tell you I needed a chocolate chip cookie. The biscuits are fine and all, but I wanted that taste of home.  AJ has been a challenge to say the least and it seems that every little thing that could go wrong has, so I needed to drown my sorrows in a little butter, brown sugar, vanilla and melty chocolate chips. 
cookie 1
I bought all of the ingredients at the store, which was a bit of a challenge.  I guess they really don't use chocolate chips here because all I could find was a tiny 100g bag of chips and those were $1.60.  The next challenge arose when I went to mix up the dough and he measuring cup was in liters.
cookie 3
You know I have been wearing the same pair of shoes since we got here, but I did manage to pack my favorite chocolate chip recipe.  It, of course, uses American measurements, so there were a lot of conversions on the computer, but fortunately, butter, sugar, vanilla and flour tastes good in grams too. 

2 comments:

Leeann said...

Isn't it great how we find ways to bring "home" with us no matter where we go? This first year you will make an inventory of foods you want to bring back with you when you come Stateside to visit.

BTW, I just baked 5 dozen chocolate chip cookies this morning!

Anonymous said...

Cookies? An "adult" beverage at 5 p.m. helps.Gigi

Post a Comment